|Stats: 289 members, 6,391 topics. Date: April 24, 2017, 4:05 pm|
Time: 1hrs 25mins
Good to serve along with a glass of wine.
yields: 3 dozens
2 tablespoons sugar
1⁄3 cup olive oil
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably greek)
3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
1⁄4 cup finely chopped kalamata olive
- In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Add olive oil until smooth.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and basil and oregano.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended.
- Stir in cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olives and combine thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and shape each into a log about 10 inches long.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 30 minutes or until pale golden and not quite firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch diagonal slices with serrated knife.
- Place pieces on baking sheet and return to 325°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and dry.
- Turn over partway through cooking time.
- Cool on rack.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- Store in airtight container.
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2017 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.