|Stats: 283 members, 6,360 topics. Date: February 25, 2017, 3:24 am|
TnLounge Forum / Fashion / Velvet dress sales put Zara owner firmly in fashion (1 Post | 44 Views)
Velvet dress sales put Zara owner firmly in fashion @ 1:17 am
On Dec 15, 2016
Velvet dress sales put Zara owner firmly in fashion
Velvet dresses, military blazers and mini-skirts helped Inditex, the owner of chains including Zara and Massimo Dutti, post a strong rise in sales for the nine months to October.
The world's largest clothing retailer posted an 11% rise in net sales to €16.4bn compared with the same period last year.
Net profit was 9% higher at €2.2bn (£1.8bn).
Sales have also risen since November despite unseasonably warm weather.
The increase comes as rival fashion groups struggled with tough trading conditions in many markets.
Inditex, which also owns Bershka and Pull & Bear, said sales had risen both in store and online.
Zara accounts for two thirds of its sales.
The retailer also opened 227 new outlets and created 9,000 jobs - a fifth of which were in Spain, where unemployment remains about 20%.
It follows disappointing fourth-quarter results from chains including Abercrombie & Fitch and Gap, which are struggling to adapt to changing consumer tastes and habits.
Inditex, in contrast, has continued to grow by quickly reacting to changing trends and weather, said analysts. Its items are designed, made and shipped to stores often in less than a month, which boosts its profitability.
Sales of velvet dresses helped push up revenue at Inditex
"Few other major clothing retailers can match the mid-teens [percentage] sales growth that Inditex has achieved in difficult global markets this year," analysts at Liberum said.
"The company's clear focus on achieving full-price sales underpins high and stable margins."
Macquarie analysts say Inditex has only a 2% share of a "highly fragmented" global market and they expect it to continue rising in emerging markets and the United States.
Inditex shares fell 2.6% to €32.11 in Madrid, but are flat for the year.
Meanwhile, shares in online fashion retailer Boohoo jumped 8% after it said it had bought rival fashion website Pretty Little Thing.
The firm will pay £3.3m for a 66% stake, with the remaining 34% being retained by management.
How to achieve a slimmer face with these makeup tricks [WOMEN] / WATCH: THIS artist spent 2.5 years creating this incredible timelapse painting / Can You Rock this $3million Bra? Jazmine Tookes rocks the Victoria’s Secret Runway in HOT shots (Photos) /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2016 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.