Somali refugee ranted about how he was 'sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers being killed and tortured' on social media hours before wounding 11 in Ohio State knife and car attack

Somali refugee Abdul Razak Ali Artan posted on Facebook that he was 'sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers being killed and tortured' shortly before he went on a slashing rampage at the Ohio State University that left 11 injured.
Authorities are currently investigating the posts, allegedly made by Artan, which mention radical cleric Anwar Awlaki and accuse America of 'interfering' with other nations.

'I am sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters being killed and tortured EVERYWHERE,' it stated. 'I can't take it anymore.
'America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially Muslim Ummah (communities)... [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks.'

Smiling: Artan was pictured smiling during his community college in May, it is unclear how the happy graduate became radicalized within a matter of months. His car was caught on surveillance footage before the attack, right

'We are not weak, remember that,' the post said, according to NBC News.
Two hours before that, another post read: 'Forgive and forget. Love.'
Artan left at least 11 injured - one critically - after he drove onto the sidewalk at the university on Monday, mowing down crowds of innocent bystanders, witnesses say.
He then jumped out of the car and began slashing victims with a butcher knife, according to police.
While the motive for the attack is still under investigation, there are questions about whether Artan, who was Muslim, may have carried it out in the name of jihad.
Artan is reportedly a Somali refugee who fled his home country in 2007, moving first to Pakistan with his family before coming to America in 2014 and gaining legal permanent resident status. His age has not been confirmed, but it has been reported by various outlets as 18.
Somalia has become a haven for terror groups - including ISIS - since civil war broke out in the 1990s. And Columbus has one of the largest contingents of Somali refugees in the U.S.
The suspect lived briefly in a temporary shelter in Dallas before settling in Ohio, according to Catholic Charities records, obtained by NBC.

He attended Columbus State Community College for two years, where he graduated cum laude with an associates degree before moving onto Ohio State to continue his studies.
Artan, reportedly a logistics management student, was pictured by the school's student newspaper The Lantern on Twitter. He was interviewed by the paper back in August about his faith.
In the piece, he said that he struggled to find a private place to pray on campus, after transferring from Columbus State which had such facilities.

Alan Harujko, 28, (pictured) is the officer that shot the knife-wielding attacker dead
'This place is huge, and I don't even know where to pray. I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media.
'I'm a Muslim, it's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen,' Artan said.

At an afternoon press conference, officials said there appeared to be only one knife-wielding attacker - countering earlier reports of a shooting involving possibly multiple assailants.

The chaos started just before 10am, when a fire alarm was pulled at Watts Hall, home to the chemical engineering department. As people were evacuating the building, Artan drove a silver car onto the sidewalk and mowed down the crowds of innocent bystanders.
'This car just swerved and ran into a whole group of people,' witness Nicole Kreinbrink told NBC. 'All these people were running and screaming and yelling.'

He then got out of the car and started slashing victims with a butcher knife. A witness told CNN that Artan remained silent throughout the attack but had a 'crazed' look on his face.

OSU sophomore Jacob Bowers says he heard someone yell 'he's got a knife'.
'I saw a guy with a big-a** knife just chasing people around. When I saw that, I grabbed all my stuff and started running,' Bowers told NBC.

When he looked back, he saw an officer - identified as 28-year-old Alan Harujko - at the scene approaching the suspect and yelling 'Drop it and get down or I'll shoot'. Soon after, the officer followed through on his threat and shot Artan, killing him at the scene.
After the incident at Watts Hall, police investigated rumors of a possible second assailant holed up in a nearby parking garage. SWAT teams stormed the building just before 11am and minutes later two men were led out in handcuffs. However, officials now say that they did not find any additional suspects in the garage.

Just after 11:30am, the university lifted the shelter in place, but cancelled classes for the rest of the day.
So far, at least eleven people have been transported to the hospital, with at least one person in critical condition. Six of the victims were transported to OSU's Wexner Medical Center, while three were taken to OhioHealth Grant Medical Center and another two to OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital.

The patients were treated for either stab wounds of injuries due to being hit by a car. They are a mix of faculty, graduate and undergraduate students and staff members.

Students were instructed to 'run, hide and fight' in a tweet posted by the school's office of emergency management just before 10am.
'Run, hide, fight' is standard protocol for active shooter situations. It means: Run, evacuate if possible; Hide, get silently out of view; or Fight, as a last resort, take action to disrupt or incapacitate the shooter if your life is in imminent danger.
A high-ranking faculty member who spoke to NBC 4 Columbus said that one of his colleagues was in Watts Hall at the time and was slashed in the leg with a machete.

Another student told the station that his girlfriend was in the building when she heard gunshots and sought shelter in a bathroom. It now appears that those gunshots may have been the responding officer's.

OSU sophomore Wyatt Crosher, 19, was across the street when he says he heard gunshots Monday morning.
He told CNN: 'My roommate and I heard about three or four gunshots from across the street, and soon after we heard a bunch of police and ambulances pull up across the street.'

He added: 'We can't see the building where the shooting happened because of a dorm blocking our view. It truly sounded like gunshots, and really soon after we heard a bunch of sirens. We can see the police cars from our dorm.'

President-elect Donald Trump issued a statement following the attack: 'Watching the news unfold at Ohio State University. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the students and administration.

'Excellent job by the Ohio State University Emergency Management Team (OSU_EMFP) in immediately notifying students & faculty via social media with the message: 'Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College.'
'THANK YOU to all FIRST RESPONDERS who reacted immediately and eliminated the threat on campus.'

Ohio Governor John Kasich added his own statement, saying that his 'thoughts are with the victims of this attack right now and I pray for their safety and recovery.

'I am grateful for the professional, coordinated response from first responders whose efforts helped effectively contain this incident before further harm could be done. I have been staying in contact with Ohio first responders since the incident began and have spoken with Ohio State's President Dr. Michael Drake to pledge whatever additional help the university needs.'

Ohio State University is a public university located in Columbus, Ohio. More than 58,000 students study at the school's main campus in Columbus and it is the state's largest employer.

Monday marked the first day back from classes since Thanksgiving break. Many students were likely already back at school, since the school's football team played the University of Michigan at home on Saturday, beating the Wolverines 30-27 in double overtime.
Facebook initiated a feature on Monday, allowing students and locals to mark themselves 'safe' on the website, to inform worried friends and relatives.