|Stats: 286 members, 6,386 topics. Date: March 27, 2017, 3:27 pm|
TnLounge Forum / Culture / 9 Amazing Facts About The People of Trinidad And Tobago (1 Post | 108 Views)
10 Amazing Facts About Bagpipes You Never Knew / You Don't Know these Amazing Facts About Mexicans / Women who breastfeed deers: 'We feed them milk and food and ensure they’re given proper care and attention' /
9 Amazing Facts About The People of Trinidad And Tobago @ 3:42 am
On Oct 09, 2016
1. Tobago got its name from its resemblance to a tobacco pipe (tavaco) used by local natives.
2. At London 2012, Trinidad and Tobago came third in Olympic medals per head of population, beaten only by Grenada and Jamaica.
3. In 2012, the Trinidad moruga “Scorpion” pepper was rated the hottest pepper in the world at 1.2 million Scoville units.
4. Trinidad and Tobago is the only country whose capital city is named after another country: Port of Spain.
5. The novelist VS Naipaul was born in Trinidad. He is the country’s only Nobel Prize winner.
6.Pitch Lake in Trinidad is the world’s largest natural asphalt deposit covering almost 100 acres 245 feet deep.
7. In the Americas, only the USA and Canada have a higher GDP per head than Trinidad and Tobago.
8. Calypso music, steel drum bands and limbo dancing all originated in Trinidad and Tobago.
9. Until 10,000 years ago, Trinidad and Tobago were both part of the South American mainland.
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2016 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.