|Stats: 289 members, 6,391 topics. Date: April 26, 2017, 8:46 am|
1) Ecuador is the closest country to space. You might think the closest point on Earth to space would be Mount Everest, but you’d be wrong.
2) Ecuador is the only country in the world named after a geographical feature. The official name of Ecuador is República del Ecuador which literally means “The Republic of the Equator”. The equator runs through the country.
3) Ecuador has the world’s first UNESCO World Heritage Sites. .
4) Ecuador had a long standing border conflict with Peru. For decades, Peru and Ecuador clashed over where the border between the two countries was to be drawn. In 1941 fighting broke out which was ended by the Rio Protocol.
5) Ecuador was once joined with Colombia and Venezuela.
6) Charles Darwin developed his theory of coral atolls in the Galapagos Islands.
7) The Panama hat is actually from Ecuador. Panama hats are woven hats made from toquilla straw plants.
8) Rosalía Arteaga, the first female president of Ecuador, served for only 2 days.
WOW! It Took Him 30 Years, But What This Man Can Do Will Blow You Away / Women who breastfeed deers: 'We feed them milk and food and ensure they’re given proper care and attention' / Photo: Economy Class seating on a Pan Am 747 in the late 1960's /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2017 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.