|Stats: 280 members, 5,933 topics. Date: January 24, 2017, 11:18 am|
TnLounge Forum / General / Five abnormal things you can do with everyday household items (1 Post | 43 Views)
Five abnormal things you can do with everyday household items @ 6:45 pm
On Aug 06, 2016
Sometimes in life, abnormal is good. We need to sometimes, shift away from the norm and discover new ways to utilize everyday, normal things. This helps to minimize cost as we would be Able to use one item to do tons of things.
We would list Ten everyday things you can use for loads of other stuffs to.
1. LEMON: Lemon is one of the strongest acids in our kitchens, you can tell by that stingy taste it gives you when you put it in your mouth. Imagine what it does to bacteria.
OTHER USES OF LEMONS
Lemons can also be used be reduce browning in foods that sits out too long. Sprinkle it a bit on foods and stir.
Lemons can be used to sanitize your chopping blocks. Sprinkle it a bit on your chopping block to kill germs and disinfect the block.
Lemons can be used to remove tough stains on plastic. Slice a lemon in half, squeeze the juice onto the soiled surface, rub, and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with water.
Lemons Gan be used to relieve a sore throat. Take a spoon full, and place it over a fire for it to get a bit warm then swallow.
2. OLIVE OIL: Olive oil is a good lubricant because its molecules easily slide past one another, thereby helping solid objects to overcome friction,”Its film also fills up microscopic rough spots in surfaces, making them look polished and shiny.
Olive oil can be used for shaving. It does help for a close shave. When there is no shaving powder. Then use olive oil.
Olive oil can be used to remove make up. Dab a little in your make up and use it to wipe it off.
Olive oil can be used for us pet lovers, especially for cats. Add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon to your cat’s food to help prevent hair balls.
3. NEWSPAPER: Newspaper, by design, is a very absorbent product, because it has to absorb ink. But that also means it is equipped to absorb all sorts of moisture, including moisture and the resulting odors found in shoes and vegetable drawers.
OTHER USES OF NEWSPAPERS
Newspaper can be used to Ripen tomatoes, wrap them in a newspaper and leave them out.
Newspapers can be used to deodorize food containers. Deodorize food containers. Stuff a balled-up piece of newspaper into a lunch box or thermos, seal it, and let sit overnight.
Newspapers can be used to remove tough stains. Wipe away tough streaks on glass. Use newspaper with cleaning fluid to clean mirrors and windows.
4. DRYER SHEETS:Dryer sheets contain positively charged ingredients that are released by heat and movement, such as the tumbling motion of the dryer. These ingredients bond loosely to any negatively charged fabric surface, such as a piece of clothing with static cling, neutralizing the charge and acting as a lubricant.”
OTHER USES OF DRYER SHEETS
Dryer sheets can be used to freshen up smelling shoes. . Insert a dryer sheet into the offending pair and let sit overnight.
Dryer sheets can be used to Remove static from clothing, hair, TV screens, and computer monitors. Wipe the surface with a sheet.
Dryer sheets can be used to Replace a sachet. Keep a dresser drawer smelling fresh and clean by placing a dryer sheet on the bottom of it.
Dryer sheets can be used to Prevent old books from smelling musty when in storage. Stick a dryer sheet between the pages of your beloved copy of Pride and Prejudice.
5. VINEGAR:Vinegar is a strong preservative because its acetic acid kills the microbes and bacteria that could cause food to spoil,” says Michael Doyle, director of the Center for Food Safety at the University of Georgia, in Griffin. “It’s also a good deodorizer―the acid neutralizes basic compounds, such as those found in degrading meat, that can be volatile and unpleasant
OTHER USES OF VINEGAR
Vinegar can be used to Remove coffee or tea stains from the bottom of a cup. Swish 2 tablespoons of vinegar around in the cup, then wash as usual.. Vinegar is a stain removal
Vinegar can be used to Wipe salt stains off boots. Dip a cloth or an old T-shirt into vinegar, then wipe away the white residue
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2016 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.