|Stats: 289 members, 6,391 topics. Date: April 23, 2017, 6:30 pm|
TnLounge Forum / Webmasters / What App Developers Need to Know About the Internet of Things (IoT) (1 Post | 566 Views)
What App Developers Need to Know About the Internet of Things (IoT) @ 1:17 pm
On Jul 25, 2016
The Internet of Things (IoT) is infiltrating the modern world and will soon become a part of every business, home, and public space. Due to its growth and significance, many businesses are innovating IoT apps that will fuel their own productivity and provide added value to their customers.
IoT can connect phone apps to a multitude of everyday appliances.
What Is IoT?
IoT is the process of connecting data from the Internet to real-world objects, so objects can provide more value and convenience to the public. It can connect appliances to email accounts, so you can receive updates when your appliances are in need of repair. It can connect phone apps to parking lots to help drivers identify open parking spaces more quickly. The potential applications for IoT are limitless, and they provide app developers with an entirely new market for developing apps that will be more useful and in demand.
What Are the Difficulties with IoT App Development?
Developing IoT apps is a lengthy process, and it will likely take longer to get an IoT app to market than an ordinary app. Here are some of the primary difficulties you may encounter when developing an IoT app.
1. Connectivity problems: Getting an app to seamlessly connect an object with the Internet is no easy task. IoT applications depend on numerous transport layers and protocols to get them up and running. Many devices struggle with low memory capacity, making the challenges even greater. App developers need to be prepared for ample troubleshooting when developing IoT apps.
2. Security: Security is a concern when developing any app, but the issue is even more prominent among IoT apps. Since the app connects and shares data with the Internet, private data is more vulnerable to hacking, and the app becomes susceptible to malicious viruses. App developers need to devote more time to security mechanisms to ensure their apps are protected.
3. Internet accessibility: Even in the U.S., there are many locations where Internet connection is limited, and this needs to be taken into account when developing an app. Ensure the app you develop is intended to be utilized in areas where Internet connection is strong, rather than remote areas where the app may fail to function.
Things to Consider When Developing IoT Apps
By outsourcing labor, you can get your app to market more quickly.
Prior to developing an IoT app, there are a number of considerations to take into account. Some initial considerations include:
• Scaling: Adoption rates can increase quickly. Since your app is Internet-dependent, you need to rely on software that can support scaling quickly and tend to any updates, without interfering with the connectivity of users.
• Outsource labor: IoT apps take much longer to get to market, but that timeline can be decreased by strategically outsourcing tasks. Consider using a professional app development platform to simplify the development process and get your app to market more quickly.
IoT will have a tremendous impact on app development by allowing developers to create connected apps that provide more benefits and convenience to consumers. However, developing IoT apps is much more complex and time-consuming than developing ordinary apps. Simplify the development process and get your app to market more rapidly by using a professional app development platform. Contact us to learn more.[b][/b]
Lets Talk About: Best Way to Evaluate an Affiliate Program / Featured: Online get-rich-quick scheme Traffic Monsoon hits a storm / Lets Talk About: How to Choose an Affiliate Program To Earn Maximum Profit /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
TnLounge - Copyright © 2017 TnLounge. All rights reserved.
Contact us / How to post on TN
Follow TnLounge on Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Every TnLounge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TnLounge.